[Digikam-users] DNG (was Re: LightZone)

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 09:47:48 GMT 2008

Hi,

I don't know if it could be useful, but I started recently to use chdk
firmware in my ixus 800is :
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SD700_CHDK_Porting

This allows me to add features to the camera as bracketing (really great
to make HDR photos) and raw.
The raw file can be processed by dcraw (and so digikam and other tools
based on dcraw). But, there's also a converter to DNG format :
http://dng4ps2.chat.ru/index_en.html

It creates files that are slightly smaller than the original raw file,
but not sure if it's so different than the dcraw output...

--
Fabien