[Digikam-users] lost of exif data when converting from raw

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 16:37:19 BST 2008

Michel,

If in your workflow RAW -> PNG -> JPEG, the fianl JPEG file include
Exif, this must mean than Exif are in PNG (:=)))

try exiftool foo.png for ex in a console.

But, i'm suprized... You canot see Exif in digiKam ?

Note : i always use PNG in my RAW workflow everyday. Exif is visible in digiKam.

Note2 : I have implemented PNG metadata writting mode on the fly in
current Exiv2 library (next 0.18). This is want mean than you will be
able to record/update all digiKam metadata as it's done with JPEG
(using Caption and Tags for ex.)

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/361
http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/362

Best