[Digikam-users] Support for Lumix/ Panasonic DMC-TZ5

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:12:05 BST 2008

On Monday 04 August 2008 08:24:08 Oliver Dörr wrote:
> Hi Ole,
>
> i fear you are on the wrong list. The camera drivers support is
> implemented by the gphoto project.
>
> http://www.gphoto.org/
>
> digiKam will use a driver of this project, if you have not a
> mass-storage camera.
>
> Sorry
> Oliver
>
> Ole Madsen schrieb:
> > Hi all,
> > Just received my new Panasonic Lumix camera model DMC-TZ5 and find to my
> > dismay that Digicam (version 0.9.3) will not talk to it.  It identifies
> > the camera as a DMC-FZ20, but that is as far as it goes.  I use KDE
> > 3.5.9, that being the latest available for my distribution (Mandriva
> > 2008.1). The camera offers two download options, PC and PictBridge (PTP).
> >  Neither one works.  What to do? Help please.
> > Ole

These are the Panasonic cameras supported by gphoto at the moment:
	"Panasonic Coolshot KXL-600A"
        "Panasonic Coolshot KXL-601A"
        "Panasonic Coolshot NV-DCF5E"
        "Panasonic DC1000"
        "Panasonic DC1580"
        "Panasonic DMC-FZ20"
        "Panasonic DMC-FZ50"
        "Panasonic DMC-LC1"
        "Panasonic DMC-LS3"
        "Panasonic DMC-LZ2"
        "Panasonic Lumix FZ5"
        "Panasonic PV-L691"
        "Panasonic PV-L859"

Maybe you can use a similar model (like FZ5 ?) or you have to use a card
reader until your camera is supported.

Gerhard