[Digikam-users] very slow on mounts

Michael Stoehrel michael at stoehrel.ch
Mon Apr 14 12:18:30 BST 2008

Hi Arnd

Thanks for the info, I should better read first before writing stupid
mails...
In the FAQ are 2 ways discussed.
1. way is to link the picture folder/album
2. way is to link the database, from the server to the client

Both ways are working perfect, But I realized that I have no chance to
see the database link
on the share (not with a cifs client nor with a WinXP client),
only if I open a ssh client and look in the folder directly on the
server I can see the link.
I tried several settings in samba but nothing helps.

So, I am using 1. way and keep in mind that no root album can be added
or deleted with digikam, only
over the filesystem.

Hi Andreas

Good idea, I had the same while I was searching in the samba user doc.
But you can set up nolock only on a share (on samba), this means all
files on this share are not locked anymore.
If you are alone with one system on the net, this is not an issue.
But for myself, I am working sometimes with 3 systems + vmware clients
on the same share and at least
my familiy is working in the environment, too.
I think this is not an option for a network environment with more than
one person.

Michael