[Digikam-users] Problem with digikam database: sqlite_step error:

Paristo paristo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 23:12:14 BST 2007

Hi! I have all my pictures on my USB2 harddrive. I build new computer and i
plugged drive and told digikam to use my /media/lacie1/pictures, what has
always be used. Digikam version is same and it's even installed from same
source as older PC.

I just have problem now that none my pictures or folders dosen't show up. I
get metadata as places, dates and searches but those dont show any file. And
i even have just few those metadatas showed up. I have digikam.db
digikam3.db-journal and digikam3.db backupped before pluggin drive to new PC.

If i delete all digikams db files from root, and tell digikam to scan
directory, it gets nothing either.

when i start digikam via konsole, it prints this kind info, and alots!:

digikam: WARNING: sqlite_step error: database disk image is malformed on
query: REPLACE INTO Images ( caption , datetime, name, dirid )  VALUES
('','2006-06-09T20:56:04','img_0816.jpg',978)
digikam: WARNING: sqlite_step error: database disk image is malformed on
query: REPLACE INTO Images ( caption , datetime, name, dirid )  VALUES
('','2006-06-09T20:56:26','img_0817.jpg',978)
digikam: WARNING: sqlite_step error: database disk image is malformed on
query: REPLACE INTO Images ( caption , datetime, name, dirid )  VALUES
('','2006-06-09T20:56:35','img_0818.jpg',978)

I have tryed mandriva spring 0.9.1 version and newer 0.9.2 version and same
thing. I had 0.9.2 version installed on older PC. Cant test it with that
because that harddrive is currently in this PC.

And sometimes it does that, after scan is complete, it should show
main window, but it just disappear and is still running or splash
screen is left but nothing happens.

without pictures, start is possible.