[Digikam-users] Jpeg export changes image

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 08:09:51 BST 2007

Am Saturday 20 October 2007 schrieb Bill Sanders:
> So I must confess that I really might be over my head.
>
> So, let me see if I've got this right.
>
> To properly convert to JPG from RAW, I need a color profile.  Is this the
> same thing as an ICC file?  This file is different for different cameras,
> raw decoders, and lighting situation?

Same as ICC profile. It is delivered with your camera software. Yes, you
usually have profiles for landscape and portrait photography at least.

> Does this file (or a set of these files?) come with my camera's software in
> some way?

Yes, look for *.icc or *.icm files.

> And finally, so there isn't a way of just saying "The image as it is
> presented in digikam looks just like I want it, make it look like that?"
No. digiKam displays the RAW embedded thumbnail, which has been converted by
the camera. That's life with RAW workflow. It is not simpler in any other
software except the camera manufacturer's own SW.