[Digikam-users] old style jpeg support

mick infobahnroadkill at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 16 05:19:41 BST 2007

Dear all,

As far as I can tell this is not a digikam error however I am trying to
use digiKam to manage my photos and it is unable to open some tif files.

I am hoping there is somebody who has already solved the problem and can
help me out.

I am unable to view some scans made on a FujiXerox scanner and saved as
tif's.  In digiKam the exif metadata is reporting "compression
(old-style)".

After doing a quick bit of research it seems the problem may be with
libtiff and I may have to recompile or enable old style jpeg support in
libtiff.

Any suggestions or solutions.

Thanks.