[Digikam-users] Error compiling digikam 0.9.3-beta1

Jürgen Flosbach dk juergen.flosbach at bigfoot.com
Tue Oct 9 18:21:41 BST 2007

Arnd Baecker schrieb:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, [ISO-8859-1] Jürgen Flosbach dk wrote:
>
>> Gilles Caulier schrieb:
>>> Jürgen,
>>>
>>> Sound like the translation file (.po) is broken. This can be duing of an
>>> incomplete translations or a wrong commit on svn by translation coordinator.
>>>
>>> try to remove "po/el" folder, restart .configure, and try to compile again.
>>>
>>> Gerhard,
>>>
>>> This is a good reason to post a pre-version of release tarball before to
>>> publish it over the world.
>>>
>>> If a translations file is uncomplete or broken, this must be removed from
>>> the final tarball. This can be always checked easily to re-compile tarball
>>> in local...
>>>
>>> Gilles
>> Well I couldn't cheat the config file that easily. Below is what
>> ./configure --prefix=$HOME told me.
>>
>>> config.status: error: cannot find input file: po/el/Makefile.in
>
> I think you will have to do
>   make -f Makefile.cvs
> and the configure step again.
>
> Arnd

I found another way. I copied the digikam.po file from another language
into the po/el direktory.

It compiled fine.
I followed the ./configure output and changed the KDEDIR variable to
"export KDEDIR=/home/juergen:/opt/kde3."

digikam did start and showed the new splash screen. But when I hit the
F4-key to edit an image digikam crashed.

Before I go further I need to make a fresh backup of my images.

And, I need information again. What do I need to do to get debugging
output from digikam. Someone told me that a while ago. But I don't know
that anymore.

--
With regards

Juergen Flosbach