[Digikam-users] login

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Nov 28 16:13:55 GMT 2007

Hi Jos,

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Just wanted to know how to comment on the blog by cauliergilles, I
> can't find a way to log in...

If I recall a recent thread on this correctly, comenting was disabled
because it lead to hundreds of spam messages.
One option, which is being investitagated, is to use some captcha
stuff to make spamming harder.

For questions/ideas etc., usually this mailing list is a good place.
In many cases this will lead to something like
"Could you please file a wish in bug-tracker (BKO)?",
because this ensures that ideas don't get lost, they can
recieve comments/additions/... by other users,
get organized into the right category, and can also recieve votes.
Many ideas are already summarized in the bug tracker, see
  http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=digikam&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

> (what I wanted to ask about is usability - how do the developers see
> that issue themselves? Is Digikam usable as it is, right now, or is it
> bad but do they need help to fix it?)

Digikam is surely useable as is ;-), but help is very welcome
in all directions!
There are many people (including the developers) who
manage all their images (10000 and more) using digikam.
Generally,  "useability" is difficult to get right, in particular
to generate a smooth workflow, an intuitive interface,
both for beginners and power users.

Some ways of helping the development of digikam:
- comments/questions/suggestions
- contributions to the FAQ
  http://www.digikam.org/?q=faq/digikam
  (text snippets are fine, which we could easily add the stuff)
- additions to the wiki:
  http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=digikam
  (explanation: http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/274)
- contributions to the manual
  (see http://www.digikam.org/?q=docs)
- wishes for new features
- bug reports
- code contributions (patches for bugs)
  http://www.digikam.org/?q=contrib

Of course, code contributions are particularly welcome!

Best wishes,

Arnd