[Digikam-users] Albums - possible to have more than one, or change sort order?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 07:22:57 GMT 2007

2007/11/27, Gerhard Kulzer <gerhardkgmx at gmail.com>:

> Am Monday 26 November 2007 schrieb Chris G:
> > Is there any way to start digikam with a different 'root' album
> > directory? I'd find it very useful to be able to do this.
>
> In the upcoming KDE4 version of digiKam, multi-root albums are possible,
> but
> it is not planned for 0.9 series anymore.

yes, 0.9.x serie will alive with only one root album because multiple root
albums require Database changes.

This is done in 0.10.0 release:

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/digikamKDE4_14.png

...but we won't touch Database for 0.9.x. 0.10.0 still under development
until middle of 2008. 0.9.x is production series.

Regards