[Digikam-users] Batch white balancing

Martin Schmettow schmettow at web.de
Sun May 20 20:34:46 BST 2007

Hi Gilles,

sounds like we are expecting a great leap towards more productivity.

Actually, I know Bibblepro well and really like the approach. But I
think it's more the other way round: First you adjust the parameters for
a certain filter on a single image. Then you can deliberately
copy-and-paste filter parameters to other images. The copy-and-paste is
very fine grained and configurable. For example, you can copy all filter
settings at once or all color-related filters or even just the
white-balancing.

Finally you start a batch job, which applies all filters to all images
with the settings made earlier. This asynchronous approach saves you
plenty of time. Another advantage is the last settings for each image
are always preserved in a .bib file. This is one configuration file per
image.

But I fear, this is at the moment very different from the user interface
approach in digikam. However, let's see the lighttable first. I'm really
looking forward ;-)

Martin.

Gilles Caulier schrieb:
> 2007/5/20, Martin Schmettow <schmettow at web.de>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> does someone know a way to do white balancing in batch? I already found
>> out how to save a white balancing profile with the editor and want to
>> apply it to a series of pictures now.
>>

> This is not yet coded. But this way still in my mind.
>
> In fact with release 0.9.1, all image editor plugins settings can be saved
> in a config file. I have do it to be abbel to use it later with a Batch
> process tool included directly in digiKAm core (not a kipi-plugins) for
> example apply a filter from editor in batch mode.
>
> My idea is to use a container of image (something like the new Light Table
> included with 0.9.2 release do) and set for all items a list of actions to
> apply in batch. BibblePro has a tool to do something like that.
>
> By this way, you place in the Batch queue a list of pictures from any
> albums, and you set to apply WB adjustment + refocus to these images using
> you settings files saved from editor.
>
> Gilles

begin:vcard
fn:Martin Schmettow
n:Schmettow;Martin
org:University Passau;Chair of Information Systems II
adr:;;Innstr. 43;Passau;;94032;Germany
email;internet:schmettow at web.de
title:PhD Student
x-mozilla-html:FALSE