[Digikam-users] how to get tags from one album to another?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sun Jul 22 15:01:51 BST 2007

On Samstag, 21. Juli 2007, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> > Thanks for your answer. It's no problem to extract the data (I use this
> > quite often: I need to use my own mySQL database for the management of my
> > photos - because it seems nobody is interested in talking about a
> > professional tagging plugin... ;-(  ).
> >
> > But the problem is to *insert* data. I tried, but with no success.
> >
> > I extracted all data from Tags and TagsTree from "old version", changed
> > all the numbers (added highest value of id in "new" to each id/pid in
> > "old", so that there are not two identical ids), then added the
> > overworked data from old tables to the new tables.
>
> - I assume you have verified that the tags you inserted can be found in the
> db? SELECT * FROM Tags WHERE id=...
> TagsTree is not critical, there are triggers in the database that usually
> insert new tags into that structure
>
> - Your tags have a valid parent? I mean, a tag must have root as
> grandparent somewhere up in the hierarchy. But you would have warning
> messages in the console then.
>
> > It all looks fine, but digikam doesn't show the inserted tags. It just
> > ignores them and I don't know why???

Thanks Marcel,

the grandparents were the problem :-)

In the new database highest tag was 330, so I added this value+1 to all id's
and pid's in the old database before I imported them to the new db. So what
was 0 in old was then 331 in new. After I changed all 331 to 0 the tags are
here now perfectly as they should...

So next step will be importing the images db-data and assign them to the right
tags. I hope there are no uncles or parents-in-law to consider :-)

have a nice sunday

Daniel
erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com/en/linux.html
Madagascar special: http://www.fotograf-basel.ch/madagascar/