[Digikam-users] lost menu bar and right side-bar

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Tue Jul 10 17:55:40 BST 2007

Arnd Baecker wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Per Bothner wrote:
>> (1) The menu-bar is gone (I don't remember if I did anything
>> to hide it), and now I can't get it back.  The toolbar is still
>> usable.
>
> Hmm, that's weird. Never seen that before.
> You could try to remove Digikam's configuration file,
>   ~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc

Actually, knowing the file name, I took a look at it and saw:
   MenuBar=Disabled
and removed that line.  That fixed it.

No idea how I got into that mode - now that the manubar is visible
I don't see an option (in either View or Setting) to hide the
menubar!

>> (2) I moved the slider between the main window and the right
>> side-bar, and now I can't move it back.  I can move the mouse
>> to the area between them, and the mouse cursor changes to the
>> icon for moving the divider - but then moving the mouse
>> while holding button-1 does nothing.  (I tried doing the
>> same thing on Kate, and it works fine.)
>
> Just, in case: one has to move the mouse quite a bit,
> but I am sure you know that ...

I was able to fix this.  But no, I was surprised I had to move
the mouse that far with no visual feedback.  That doesn't seem right.

Thanks!
--
	--Per Bothner