[Digikam-users] Permissions on Digikam

Alberto Garcia info at trebol-a.com
Thu Jul 5 19:14:24 BST 2007

I think this subject is not new, but I dont know the solution.

I set my folder of picture with setfacl from share the permissions of
read-write with my wife.
If my wife create a new picture in this folder, with "Save as...", ShowPhoto
and Digikam ignore the default ACL and create a picture with:
wife:users -rw-------+

Wrong, In this mode I can not  to see the picture.

But If any users create any document in this folder, this new document is
create like
wife:share -rwxrw-r--+

Correct, now I can to see the picture.
I have testing with Gimp and Konqueror, and this programs respect the ACL
settings but ShowPhoto and Digikam not.

Why? Where is the problem?
(i made a script for change the permission to g+rw every time my wife make new
photos! :D )

Regards