[Digikam-users] pics with the same name

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 19:23:22 GMT 2007

Using a Nikon P5000 with digikam 0.9.2 on 64-bit gutsy.

When I go to download files from my camera, there are frequently several
files with the same name in the camera. (I'm not sure how the P5000 exactly
lays out things, but I assume that it maintains separate directories for
different days, or something like that; it certainly seems to contain
multiple directories).

This leads to a problem when I try to download all the images: digikam
keeps prompting me when it sees a duplicate file name, asking me whether it
should skip or overwrite (or asking for a new name -- which isn't useful if
one has more than a couple of duplicate names).

How do I get digikam to do something such as include the date/time in the
destination file name so that it never sees any duplicate names?

  Doc Evans