[Digikam-users] Just Praise

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:18:26 GMT 2007

2007/12/20, Ace Suares <lists at suares.an>:

> Hi,

Hi Ace,

By the way, did I already tell you that I *love* digikam ?

Thanks

I've been toying with different photo viewers since I started with
> linux... but digikam is the one that works best for me. The interface is
> clear and uncluttered; the way the photo's open in a new window, or not,
> is just right for me...
> The tools are very nice to, I love slideshow, and slideshow to mpeg, and
> the little tool where you can readjust gamma.
>
> Only minor annoyance: you can't feed it multiple photo directories. That's
> a drag. I would also like to be able to start digikam in a temporary
> directory, just to look at some photos' someone brought me on stick, cd
> or camera.

This is done with 0.10.0 version dedicaced to KDE4 :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/digikamKDE4_14.png

...but we need to test and test indeep this new version, planed to june
2008... Not before...

And the HTML exporter is too limited; it should probably work
> with a template engine to create the desired results.

Hum, HTML export kipi-plugins use XTML+CSS with templates... You can
customized this one like you want...

Regards