[Digikam-users] F-Spot --> Digikam

Charlier, Etienne etienne.charlier at siemens.com
Fri Apr 27 14:59:30 BST 2007

Hello,

I think that a kind of api available to scripts writers ( perl/python,...) would be a very usefull addition to digikam

- api to add images/tags, rating,;
- api to query references to images according to tags,....
- all of that outside of actual c++ digikam code but released part of digikam

- That would open up a lot of possibilities ( web galerie generation, import/export from other DAM,.....)
- That also would prevent "wild access" to the digikam database

Just my 0.02€

Etienne