[Digikam-users] F-Spot --> Digikam

David Talmage talmage at acm.org
Thu Apr 26 02:49:52 BST 2007

Andy Choens wrote:
> Unfortunately, I have many, many (several thousand) photos in my f-spot
> database. I would really like to move this information into digikam. Oddly,
> starters, F-Spot is still using sqlite2 while digikam is using sqlite3. I
> thought I would be able to use a program like datakiosk to move the data
> over, but I can't get it to open digikam's database.

While I'm not an SQL expert by anyone's definition of the term, I've
encountered a similar need in another context.  Perhaps my solution will
work for you.  Export the F-Spot DB as comma separated values.  Use the
SQL COPY command to read the CSV file into the digikam DB.  It might not
work directly.  You may have to build some temporary tables from which
you SELECT and massage the right columns.

Dave Talmage