[Digikam-users] Keyword import

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Sep 18 11:27:08 BST 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 11:38, Daniel Seifert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I want mean that all feature of 0.9.0-final are not yet completed. This
> > task in planed to do before to finalize 0.9.0. It's include in TODO file.
>
> Sorry to bother you again, but I could not find any information about
> the targeted release date for 0.9.0 final.

(:=)...

> I am just being so insistent, because I want to switch to digikam rather
> sooner than later. To have the keywords imported today I would need to
> write a script parsing my current setup (iPhoto) and adding the tags to
> the digikam3.db. As I am not familiar with this at all, this script
> would take quite some time to do - time I do not want to spend if this
> feature will be available soon in digikam.

Well, i need more free time than one day to fianlize this implementation. I
would be sure than _nothing_ is broken in database with this feature. This is
why i have toggle in stand bye this part when i will a lot of free time
available.

I cannot promize a date exactly when this feature will be done... but i will
post a message in this room when it will done. In all case, i will trying to
do it for next 0.9.0-beta3.

Note : the NEWS file from svn is always updated by developpers in live when
important stuff are fixed/added into digiKam.

Gilles