[Digikam-users] digikam crash with SiPix Snap USB / both 0.80 and 0.81

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Fri Sep 15 16:24:39 BST 2006

Dear listmembers,
my son recently got a SiPix Snap USB camera. It is immediatly detected by
digikam and shown as:

SiPix Snap SiPix Snap usb:

I can access the camera, pictures are shown:
SixPix Snap
image0000.pnm  image0001.pnm image0002.pnm ...

Now, if i try to preview, klick on one of those digikam crashes, I get
Bogus Huffman table definition
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid XXXX, errno = 0

If I try to download one of the pictures, I get a crash, too:
Corrupt JPEG data: 183 extraneous bytes before marker 0xda
Huffman table 0x01 was not defined
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = XXXX, errno = 0

I mean, a crash in preview is somehow understandable, but getting a jpeg error
message during download is strange: why the hell is digikam attempting to
interpret the data if I say: download? This should not happen but does for
both digikam 0.80 and 0.81. Anyone there to shade some light on this?
Your help is highly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)