[Digikam-users] Archiving to cd/dvd but storing the metadata

Peter Gustafson petegus at spaceshipone.engin.umich.edu
Tue Oct 31 20:10:48 GMT 2006

Hi Dennis,

I don't think it is ideal but I guess it is workable.

Unfortunately, this generates another set of images for which knowledge
of the source must be maintained independent of the database.  I can see
myself forgetting whether the on-disk image is a raw conversion, a
smaller jpg (with full size jpg on disk), or the full size jpg.  I don't
always shoot raw.  Also, when shooting jpg, sometimes the circumstances
call for a smaller image size (pixels or compression).  Perhaps I'll
file a feature request as I described it.

Thanks for your response.

Pete