[Digikam-users] 16 bit plugins

Dudas Gabor dudasg at freemail.hu
Fri Mar 31 22:53:03 BST 2006

Hi Digikam Developers,

Its nice to hear that all image editor plug-ins have been ported to support 16
bit images!
Regarding to this:
My camera's (Canon 350D) output can be two different file types. Either an 8 bit
JPG or a 12 bit RAW. How can I efficiently use digikam's 16 bit support? Using
the built-in dcraw RAW converter? What will this conversion do with the 12 bit
RAW images? Will it convert them into 16 bit data with some extrapolation?

By the way: is there any camera on the market that supports _real_ 16 bit images
   (real means the A/D conversion and all the signal processing is done on 16
bits inside the camera) ?

Thanks!
Gabor Dudas