[Digikam-users] workflow?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Mar 7 07:33:13 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 08:24 am, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have now been trying out digikam for about a week and
> have a question concerning a recommended workflow:
>
> After importing a bunch of images into a new album
> I would like to tag and rate them.
> For this one can right-click on each image, select
> "Assign tag" and then select the tag from the list which shows up.
> If one has several tags which need to be assigned to one picture
> (or a selection of pictures), one has to go through this sequence every
> time.
>
> In the end I would like to do the tagging/rating for my whole image
> collection of 10000+photos.
>
> The above procedure is quite time-consuming, so I would
> be interested in learning about a faster way!

In 0.9.0, image properties sidebar (on the right of main interface) will
reduce time consuming for that. There is no dialog to open for
tagging/commenting/rating etc. Look this screenshot :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/digikam0.9.0-alpha.png

But multiselection tagging/commenting/rating isn't yet implemented. Because it
require any substential changes in the code, I think to implement it later
than 0.9.0 issue.

Gilles