[Digikam-users] digiKam-0.8.1 crashes when advanced search is selected from the tools menu

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Mon Jun 19 06:14:22 BST 2006

Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le Dimanche 18 Juin 2006 07:47, Graeme Nichols a écrit :
>
>>Hello Folks,
>>
>>I am a new digiKam user and very impressed. Unfortunately I get the
>>above when I select the advanced search.
>>
>>The bug is shown as resolved on bugs.kde.org but,
>

> what is the file in B.K.O relevant ?
>
> Gilles

I'm not sure what you mean. The bug is:

Bug 120922 - Clicking on Advanced search crashes application.

It is shown as 'RESOLVED' but apparently it hasn't been resolved because
there was no backtrace information when the bug was first reported. From
what I can gather the bug would be re-opened if the original reporter
could re-compile and get a proper backtrace. I don't get any backtrace
information either and I installed from Fedora Extras RPM.

My question is; Has the bug indeed been resolved and what was the
resolution?

Thanks.

Graeme.

>>probably due to my
>>ignorance, I cannot find what the resolution was. Maybe it was to
>>upgrade to the next release, 0.8.2, or maybe something else.
>>
>>My system is FC4, KDE 3.4.0-6 Red Hat. The digiKam, KIPI-Plugins and
>>digiKamimage-plugins were all from the FC4 Extras repository as were
>>some needed dependencies.
>>
>>If someone can let me know what the resolution was I would appreciate
>>it; or point me in the right direction to find the resolution.
>>
>>Thank you.

> .

Kind regards,

Graeme.