[Digikam-users] Using digikam on two computers?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Jun 17 22:03:49 BST 2006

Hi,

attached is the script which I am presently using
to create a down-sized copy of all images under control of digikam.
It is written in python and only uses the directory structure
and needs `convert` and `identify` from imagemagick.
There are a couple of open problems and glitches,
see the comments in the code - use at your own risk.

Best,

Arnd

P.S.: I'd guess that the next step would be to
determine differences between two digikam3.db and
update the one on the main computer for all new tags etc.
and file-by-file.
(For this I will have to learn a bit about sqlite,
the digikam sqlite database and possibly pysqlite
to steer all that from python ...)