[Digikam-users] Using digikam on two computers?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Jun 15 06:46:28 BST 2006

On Thursday 15 June 2006 07:40, Duncan Hill wrote:
> Turgut Durduran wrote:
> > Ideally, I want to be able to open an album, tag my
> > photos, play with them on my laptop and somehow sync
> > with those on desktop. Ofcourse, I am talking about
> > digikam purposes, I know how to sync the files. This
> > is probably not so straightforward.  So I am thinking,
> > I should be able to "merge" two databases of tags
> > somehow. Is it possible?
>
> At the moment, no.  It has been discussed several times on the list in
> the past few months - if you can find the archives, you should be able
> to get a feel for what ideas have been kicked around.

This is relevant of the database backend limitation used in digiKam (SQLite)

> Personally, I use the GPL version of the NoMachine X server on my file
> server, and just remote-client in to it from my laptop.  Full KDE
> session in Windows :)  Works fine over a 256kbit ADSL link too.
>
> > Also, I tried converting a .nef file to BW and it
> > played (and pretty much destroyed) the preview file
> > and did not ask me for a "save as" option. Is that
> > normal behavior?

You talking about JPEGlossless kipi plugin witch have a B&W converter. This
option is available from main interface, not image editor.

I have fixed this bug relevant of RAW file with this plugin. It will be
available into next kipi release.

Gilles