[Digikam-users] advice for creating CD's

Scott Bolte listS+digikam-users at niss.com
Sun Jun 11 20:41:12 BST 2006

I'm looking for advice on the best way to create CD's of photos for a
variety of operating systems. I periodically want to tag a bunch of
photos in digikam, export & burn them to CD, and send them to family
that have very limited connectivity to the internet.  Some people have
Macs, old OS 9 in a few cases, while others have Microsoft systems.

A quick review of the Kipi plugins suggest CDArchive, Images Gallery
(is that the same as HTML Gallery?) and the MPEG slideshow are all
candidates.  CDArchive looks to be an easy front end to k3b, but
does not seem to do anything to make the collection more OS neutral
or help with navigation. Images Gallery looks like it will create
a hierarchy that can be read on any OS, but it will be completely
static. The MPEG slide show has potential I'm not sure how portable
its mpeg files are.

If anyone has experience creating CD's for a diverse set of non-Unix
users I'd love to hear your advice.

	Scott

P.S. Can Images Gallery, the HTML export I believe, work off tags
instead of directories?