[Digikam-users] Pictures not rotated

Stephan Paukner paux at paukner.cc
Fri Jul 28 09:31:47 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 17:45 +0200, Stephan Paukner wrote:
> When I download my pictures with digiKam 0.8.2-rc1 (Debian), they aren't
> rotated. The camera displays the pictures correctly on its display, and
> after downloading the EXIF information about the image orientation seems
> to be correct, surprisingly. But already when connecting to the camera,
> all thumbnails are shown in landscape. The checkbox "Automatically
> rotate/flip" doesn't have any effect.
>
> On the command line, I don't get any error message. It worked with a
> previous version of digiKam.

With digiKam 0.9.0-beta1 (Debian) this problem still resides. When I
connect to the camera (Canon Digital IXUS 750), select a thumbnail and
open the image in digiKam's built-in editor, the picture gets rotated
correctly (because I activated the corresponding checkbox in the digiKam
settings). But when downloading, the picture is only downloaded, and not
rotated afterwards.
Can I debug this somehow? Should I file a bug?

Regards

--
Stephan Paukner <paux at paukner.cc>