[Digikam-users] export to flickr requires konqueror to authenticate

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jul 9 15:24:32 BST 2006

Alex Sutcliffe wrote:
> could not launch the browser:
>
> could not find service 'kfmclient'
>
> Installing konqueror obviously solves this but I use gnome and would
> rather simply have digikam authenticate firefox or whatever my default
> browser is. Is this something I can change?

While Giles is correct and you should report it in BKO, there is unf. no
way that we can use Firefox or another default browser for this
authentication.

Internally the code uses the konquerer libs to do it's communications
and thus when authentication is needed it will use the konquerer interface.

I'm not 100% sure about this as I've not looked at the flikr code but I
know the Gallery code quite well and it seems to do this. I think it
could probably be modified to use the core Qt HTTP stuff but not sure if
this would be reinventing the wheel a little (may require special
handling of 401 Auth Reqd responses which is already there if you use
the konquerer/KHTML stuff)

Certainly a dependance on konquerer should be added to the package on
your system if this isn't changed.

Col.