[Digikam-users] failed to update database to new version error

jumpingclear at yahoo.co.uk jumpingclear at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 07:43:38 GMT 2006

I have just updated to the latest version of digikam 0.8.1 using the
kubuntu rep of Achim Bohnet. When I try to run it I get the following msg

"Failed to update old Database to new Database format"

How do I solve this? I hadn't done anymore than explore the previous
version of digikam I had so if I need to delete the old db and build a new
one that would be fine.

I did rename digikam.db hoping it might force it to build new but still
get the same error.

thanks