[Digikam-users] digikam 0.9 @ heise.de

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Sat Dec 23 09:44:04 GMT 2006

Am Freitag, 22. Dezember 2006 20:38 schrieb Daniel Bauer:
> On Friday 22 December 2006 18:45, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > also heise-online heard about the recent release of digikam,
> > http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/82934
> > """Linux-Bildverwaltung digiKam auf Profikurs"""
>
> Obviously heise.de is read by many and from this point for sure it's nice
> to have a review there.
>
> But the comments are so incredibly stupid and primitive that I didn't even
> think about to counter that crap: "As long as there are no color profiles,
> the app is worth nothing", or "What are IPTC worth if you can enter only 2
> fields" etc...
>
> Is heise.de the playgarden of a psychiatric clinic or the "COMPWU"
> (cooperation of most primitive windows users)? The people writing comments
> there really have no clue about nothing. I wonder that they can type. Well,
> maybe Mammy bought them a M$-app for $99.99 for Xmas, where they can blabla
> into a microphone and it gets sent to heise.de? That forum looks more like
> a flame-war-enhancer than like an information source.
>
> Jesus, I didn't know, such things exist. At least its proven that its
> possible to exist without a brain. Glad, Gilles is on holidays and doesn't
> read german texts :-)
>
> Merry X-Mas
>
> Daniel

No worries mate...
There was another message on golem.de (http://www.golem.de/0612/49605.html)
which incited similarly stupid flames, but after 2 days more serious
contributions crop up. A not too small publisher said they use Linux tools
only for speed reasons.

And if you go into www.kde-apps.org and click on highest rated programs,
digiKam soars on 3rd place with 88% good in 39844 programs.
Therefore, no worries mate... as the Australiens so justly say.

Gerhard
--
http://www.gerhard.fr