[Digikam-users] digikam 0.9.0-rc2 initial feedback

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 17:46:40 GMT 2006

Hello,

Sami Cokar wrote:

> I tried another test today compiling and installing into my homedir and it
> seems the "read" command does not actually wait for input in my environment
> (ubuntu feisty):
>
> A)
> started via:
> ./compile_digikam.sh
>
> B)
> scokar at goalmole:~/documents/digikam$ diff compile_digikam.txt
> compile_digikam.sh
> 3c3
> < export DIGIKAMDEST=/home/fabien/myopt/
> ---
>
>>export DIGIKAMDEST=/home/scokar/documents/digikam/
>

> C)
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/scokar/documents/digikam/libs'
> echo "OK to make install ?? press any key"
> + echo OK to make install ?? press any key
> OK to make install ?? press any key
> read
> + read
> read: 1: arg count

Hmm, I already noticed this behavior on ubuntu 6.10. It seems there's a
timeout that doesn't exist with previous version. In my case, if I don't
press a key within n minutes, it breaks...

Is it the same for you ?
I didn't find where they defined this default value. It should be
possible to override it by using  TMOUT :

<<
If set to a value greater than zero, TMOUT  is  treated  as  the
        default timeout for the read builtin.  The select command
terminates if input does not arrive after TMOUT seconds when input is
coming  from  a terminal.  In an interactive shell, the value is
interpreted as the number of seconds to  wait  for  input  after issuing
  the  primary prompt.  Bash terminates after waiting for that number of
seconds if input does not arrive.

But, I didn't try it.

--
Fabien