[Digikam-users] Digikam database format(s)

rcuql3k02 at sneakemail.com rcuql3k02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Dec 6 13:10:30 GMT 2006

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for such a fantastic program!  Digikam is one of my very favourite tools.

My question is about the data format used across versions for storing tags and other metadata.  I am using Gentoo and have installed the current "unstable" version of Digikam (0.9.0_rc1).  However, I'm experiencing a few problems, and was thinking about reverting to the "stable" version (currently only 0.7.4-r1 I believe).  I would then try to build the CVS version in my home directory to play with.

My question is whether this transition between versions could result in the loss of my tags and metadata?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

thanks,