[Digikam-users] Dependencies?

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Sat Sep 24 06:30:44 BST 2005

Am Samstag, 24. September 2005 06.34 schrieb Niki Kovacs:
> Hi,
>
> I'm an Austrian writer living in Montpezat (South France), and a Linux
> user since 2001. My current system is Slackware 10.2 with a 2.6.13 kernel.
>
> I installed Digikam some time ago, had other things to do for a few
> months, and now, after a few months, have finally some time to devote to
> it.
>
> Usually I compile all my apps from source, or more rarely, use .tgz
> packages from linuxpackages.net. I remember there were quite some
> dependencies to fulfill to install Digikam. Of course there's gphoto2
> and the corresponding libgphoto2, but I remember there were like five or
> six other packages.
>
> I just downloaded Digikam's latest (0.7.4) release, but I can't seem to
> find the dependencies list on the site. Where are they?

Hi Niki,
The dependency list is http://extragear.kde.org/apps/digikam/#compilation
Off course you need the devel packages from kde and qt.
To help for a quick start, look at my private list below.
Gerhard

By the way, the current digiKam version is 0.8, it's a MUST and a big step
forward from 0.7.4.

libkexif: libexif >= 0.5.7
kipi-plugins: gphoto2 2.x
imlib2 >= 1.1.0 + devel because of a kdelibs bug
ImageMagick >= 5.5.4
MJPEGTools >= 1.6.0
dcRAW >= 5.02
sqlite3 of mysql