[Digikam-users] digikam 0.8 SVN questions

Renchi Raju renchi.raju at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 15:29:12 BST 2005

Sebastian Röder wrote:

> 1. Did I do the install steps right?

your steps are fine.

> 2. Do I have to install to /usr, /usr/kde or can I somehow install
> to /usr/local to seperate official software (Gentoo ebuilds) from my testing
> SVN stuff?

you can install to any prefix you like. if you are installing to a
non-standard location (i.e. different from kde prefix) then make sure to
set the KDEDIRS environment variable correctly. for eg:
KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS:/usr/local/digikam-install/

> 3. How do I cleanly uninstall the stuff I manualy compiled? (Is make uninstall
> the right way to go and is there a way to uninstall without keeping the
> source dirs?)

make uninstall the correct way (tm). you might also want to look at "stow"

> 4. What about translations of current SVN and the "missing features? Is this
> not yet in SVN or did I something wrong?

the translations may not be up to date. there is no string freeze
currently and so the translators might not have started working on it.

renchi