[Digikam-users] digikam doesn't print properly at 5760dpi

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Thu Oct 13 17:01:02 BST 2005

On Thursday 13 Oct 2005 12:02, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Thursday 13 Oct 2005 11:59, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > Hi, my printer supports 5760dpi, however, digikam doesn't work if I print
> > at this resolution. Actually, I'm not sure whether its digikam or the kde
> > printing support - if its the latter, I'll go and moan at the kdeprint
> > people.
> >
> > Anyway, if I print a colour image at 5760dpi, I get this weird output on
> > the printer. I get the same output in a print preview - you can see it at
> > http://lidskialf.net/duffprint.jpg
> >
> > If I go down to 2880dpi, everything works fine. Actually 2880 is fine for
> > my uses, but since 5760 was there, I thought I'd give it a try :)
>
> Doh! forgot to mention versions :(
>
> KDE 3.4.2, under gentoo. digikam 0.8.0_beta2 (I also tried 0.7.4, same
> results)
>
> AMD64, linux 2.6.14-rc2, printing to a remote cups/turboprint Epson R800
> printer.

Actually, now I look at that printout, I can actually see the picture it is
supposed to be - its a photo of the statue of Charlemagne outside Notre Dame
- heres a link to someone else's photo:

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/cd5f2/

The colours of the HUGE pixels are roughly what they are if you averaged all
the colours in the original photo together from those areas.