[Digikam-users] Digikam failed to connect to camera, even as root - but Gphoto2 works, even as user!

Michael Kiefer Michael-Kiefer at web.de
Sun Oct 2 18:31:46 BST 2005

Thank you for your idea, Renchi. My camera is a Ricoh Caplio G4 wide
I looked at  my  ~/.kde/share/apps/digikam/cameras.xml and saw that the path
given there and shown in digikam's settings didn't match. I let digikam
rediscover the camera, and now those two match. I can now download images
from the camera, but there is no thombnail preview in the camera window.
The contents of the file are

<!DOCTYPE XMLCameraList>
<cameralist client="digikam" version="1.0" >
 <item port="usb:" title="Ricoh Caplio G4" model="Ricoh Caplio G4" path="/" />
</cameralist>

Michael