[Digikam-users] Fwd: Problems with the Kodak DX6440

Renchi Raju renchi.raju at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 11:34:26 BST 2005

fwding

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Renchi Raju <renchi.raju at gmail.com>
Date: Aug 26, 2005 3:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Digikam-users] Problems with the Kodak DX6440
To: Kerstkonijn <Kerstkonijn at gmail.com>

On 8/25/05, Kerstkonijn <Kerstkonijn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > can you check if you have permissions to access the camera? Try these
> > commands on a konsole with the camera attached (you will need to have
> > gphoto2 installed):
>
> That is the strange thing: gphoto2 gives no problems at all. So that is my
> work-around. (It is so nice to use a gui, when working with pictures)

hmm... yet another ptp camera which works with gphoto2 and fails with
digikam. Something changed in the libgphoto2 ptp camera driver from
version 2.1.5 to 2.1.6 which breaks support for digikam. I have been
trying to follow up this issue with gphoto2 developers. I will try
again.

If its possible, try downgrading libgphoto2 to 2.1.5 and see if it helps.

renchi