[Digikam-users] Importing captions + comments from Web-Gallery

Felix Eckhofer felix at tribut.de
Sun Aug 21 22:40:20 BST 2005

Hi Felix.

On Sunday, 21. August 2005 23:20, you wrote:
> Gallery2 [...] has the directory structure that corresponds to the
> albums, so the import process would be more straightforward.

Hmm, I did some research in the meantime and found that the gallery
remote API is actually quite well documented [1]. For my own purposes,
I don't really have a choice which Gallery version I should use (my
pictures are on a server running gallery 1 - so that's what I need to
import) but of course it would be nice to have a working solution for
both.

> I was thinking about the opposite task - publish the albums from
> digikam straight to your Gallery site.

There is already a plugin which should be able to do that: Check out
GalleryExport, a kipi-plugin[2]. But afair, it only works with gallery1
so far.

regards,
felix
- - - -
[1] Gallery remote API docs
http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=GalleryDocs&file=index&page=gallery-remote.protocol.php
[2] KIPI plugins
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kipi/
--
felix_eckhofer  *  [fli4l-/eis-team]  *  ICQ#_59008162

"Ein Betriebssystem sie zu knechten, sie alle zu finden,
 ins Dunkle zu treiben und ewig zu binden..."