[Digikam-devel] Compiling translations broken

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat May 5 14:36:26 BST 2012

2012/5/5 Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister at gmx.net>:
> Am Samstag, 5. Mai 2012, 12:01:21 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
>> You don't need to put a po file by hand. A po file alone without a
>> CMakeLists.txt file inside cannot work
>
> I have a po folder with the translations and a CMakeLists, generated by the
> script supplied with digikam. It did work before, so that data is valid.
>
>> po dir creation with relevant file inside is done at release time by
>> team (in fact for packaging purpose). Another script in Ruby must be
>> run before (look into project/release dir). This cannot be managed as
>> well with CMake for the moment.
>
> I have done this and as you showed the test fails for you so I'm not sure why
> you claim that it works.
>
>  -- Translations will be compiled.................. NO
>
> Should show YES if a po exists. It does not work for you, it does not work for
> me, hence there is a bug.

No, it's not a bug. It's the standard behavior...

Before to run configuration of cmake with translation files to build,
you must extract it from svn repositories using
"./project/release/fetch_l10n.rb" on root source code folder :

[gilles at localhost 2.x]$ pwd
/mnt/data/Devel/GIT/2.x

[gilles at localhost 2.x]$ ./project/release/fetch_l10n.rb

**** l10n ****

Copying af's digikam over..
Delete File digikam.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_acquireimages over..
Delete File kipiplugin_acquireimages.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_advancedslideshow over..
Delete File kipiplugin_advancedslideshow.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_batchprocessimages over..
Delete File kipiplugin_batchprocessimages.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_calendar over..
Delete File kipiplugin_calendar.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_dngconverter over..
Delete File kipiplugin_dngconverter.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_expoblending over..
Delete File kipiplugin_expoblending.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_facebook over..
Delete File kipiplugin_facebook.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_flashexport over..
Delete File kipiplugin_flashexport.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_flickrexport over..
Delete File kipiplugin_flickrexport.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_galleryexport over..
Delete File kipiplugin_galleryexport.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_gpssync over..
Delete File kipiplugin_gpssync.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_htmlexport over..
Delete File kipiplugin_htmlexport.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_imageviewer over..
Delete File kipiplugin_imageviewer.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_ipodexport over..
Delete File kipiplugin_ipodexport.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_jpeglossless over..
Delete File kipiplugin_jpeglossless.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_kioexportimport over..
Delete File kipiplugin_kioexportimport.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_metadataedit over..
Delete File kipiplugin_metadataedit.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_picasawebexport over..
Delete File kipiplugin_picasawebexport.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_piwigoexport over..
Delete File kipiplugin_piwigoexport.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_printimages over..
Delete File kipiplugin_printimages.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_rawconverter over..
Delete File kipiplugin_rawconverter.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_removeredeyes over..
Delete File kipiplugin_removeredeyes.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_sendimages over..
Delete File kipiplugin_sendimages.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_shwup over..
Delete File kipiplugin_shwup.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_smug over..
Delete File kipiplugin_smug.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugins over..
Delete File kipiplugins.po
done.
Copying af's kipiplugin_timeadjust over..
Delete File kipiplugin_timeadjust.po
done.

etc...

and run cmake :

[gilles at localhost 2.x]$ ./bootstrap.mageia
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - found
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found.
-- Found KDE 4.6 library dir: /usr/lib64
-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
-- Local kdegraphics libraries will be compiled... YES
-- Handbooks will be compiled..................... YES
-- Translations will be compiled.................. YES

use git/master code from digiKam Software Collection repository where
cmake files to rules this behavior is properly patched...