[Digikam-devel] Re: New digiKam and showFoto icons for 2.0 release?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:33:15 BST 2011

2011/7/6 Paristo <paristo at gmail.com>

> What you guys think, is there need to update the digiKam logo than just
> fixing some problems (about scaling of 16x16 - 32x32 size)?
>
> I have gone discussion with Pinheiro (Oxygen artists) about updating
> digiKam icon and I would like to keep the lens with blue/orange reflection
> instead doing single dark one.
>
> There are few updated versions.
>
> Very simple reflection change:  http://imgur.com/93pZh

I like this one...

> With simple harsh reflection and darker coloring:
> http://i.imgur.com/Fv916.png (with showfoto http://i.imgur.com/SK4xT.png)

I don't like it...

> With smaller and darker glass: http://i.imgur.com/zO8rI.png

Interresting, but too dark no ?

> Smoother with multiple reflections digiKam: http://i.imgur.com/RDyJS.png
>  showFoto: http://i.imgur.com/G6dG6.png

Deninitively the best ! I vote for it !

> The update would affect the www.digikam.org site

yes, probably in drupal customization file.

> , digiKam & showFoto icons, splash and the animated logo on right side of
> toolbar and info panels with the one size

easy to do. We need PNG and SVG files of course.

> (+ wikipedia)

Can be done if someone as wikipedia account.

What's about a promotional paper, as it have be sone for 1.0.0 ?

Gilles Caulier

PS : I CC Dmitry who can be interrested indeep by your graphics design