[Digikam-devel] Parallel installs of digikam and PATH

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Mar 19 01:36:43 GMT 2006

I promised I will come up one day with this question, and here it is. I
installed a fresh digikam trunk checkout (first one from my own SVN account
*yeaah*) in my home dir (for testing only and many parallel installs).

Am Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2006 12:00 schrieb digikam-devel-request at kde.org:
> > > For sure I will post a question on how to get digikam working from
> > > inside /home (parallel install to stable gentoo ebuild in /usr). I
> > > always failed at this point cause digikam couldn't recognize my KDE
> > > install. I have to adjust my path somehow.
> >
> > add_root=/opt/kde-svn
> > export KDEDIRS=$add_root:
> > export PATH=$add_root/bin:$PATH
> > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$add_root/lib

Then I export my digikam install
path /home/sero/kde_svn/testbuilds/digikam_trunk-0319 as descriped above by
Joern. I can start digikam-0.9svn from the same console. Problems: no i18n
(this should be OK like that cause i18n is not managed inside the extragear
SVN) and in the album view mode there are some icons missing in the toolbar.
Anything else is fine.

If I do not export anything, I get a digikam-0.9 (when I start it by the full
path of cause) with i18n, 0.8.1 splash screen, icons are there but it seems
like the kipi-plugins from the install in my homedir are used (flicr plugin
doesn't exist in stable kipis). A mixture of 0.8.1 and 0.9svn :-(

Looks to me like I still did something wrong - maybe somebody can help fixing
this problem once and forever?