[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Tue Jan 3 12:34:46 GMT 2006

Le Mardi 3 Janvier 2006 13:27, F.J.Cruz a écrit :
> El Martes, 3 de Enero de 2006 12:41, Gilles Caulier escribió:
> > SVN commit 493814 by cgilles:
> >
> > Digikam from trunk : and finally RAW file decoding settings are now used
> > by IE and Showfoto...
> >
> > Actually, the RAW file decoding settings implementation provide these
> > parameters :
> >
> > - Enable Quality Decoding (bool) : If disable, we using old dcraw command
> > line syntax with '-q' parameter alone. If Enable we using addition
> > quality factor require by last dcraw release. - Quality Decoding Factor
> > (int 0-4) : The famous factor using to optimize RAW decoding image (0 for
> > slow computer, 3 for speed computer)
> >
> > TO DIGIKAM TEAM :
> >
> > - I have tested using this implementation using dcraw v7.49, not the last
> > one released by Dave Coffin. - We can add any other advanced RAW decoding
> > parameter on settings dialog tab : * -f : Interpolate RGB as four colors.
> > This blurs the image a little, but it eliminates false 2x2 mesh patterns.
> > * -a : Automatic color balance. The default is to use a fixed color
> > balance based on a white card photographed in sunlight. * -w : Use the
> > color balance specified by the camera. If this can't be found, dcraw
> > prints a warning and reverts to the default. * -n : By default, dcraw
> > clips all colors to prevent pink hues in the highlights. Combine this
> > option with -b 0.25 to leave the image data completely unclipped. * -j :
> > For Fuji Super CCD cameras, show the image tilted 45 degrees so that each
> > output pixel corresponds to one raw pixel. * -s : For Fuji Super CCD SR
> > cameras, use the secondary sensors, in effect underexposing the image by
> > four stops to reveal detail in the highlights. For all other cameras, -j
> > and -s are silently ignored.
>
> In my opinnion, we must add all color balance options and colors
> clipe/unclip feature.

You want say that i need to add 3 new QCheckBox in setup dialog to :

1 - Use automatic Color Balance (-a)
2 - Use  Color Balance from Camera (-w)
3 - Interpolate RGB as four colors (-f)

"clips all colors to prevent pink hues in the highlights" option (-n) is more
complicated to implemente because it's require to set brightness (-b) to
0.25. Have you already used this option ? Have you any feedback about ?