[Digikam-devel] wiki for digikam (+kipi-plugins)?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Dec 21 16:53:28 GMT 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Angelo Naselli wrote:

[...]

> > What would be a standard way to achieve this?
> IMO, the standard way would be to subscribe to mailing list,

yes, every interested user should  do so ... ;-)

> ask for
> a web (changer/user or whatelse) account and contribute in
> documenting as we can do using a wiki,

But that would require knowledge in html, right?
(Personally I find writing html rather time consuming
while wiki text, e.g. like restructured text etc., very
closely matches with my normal .txt file notes)

> but sure that who wants to help
> can see it work without spam or sure that there's (hopefully) no need
> to check every minute someone has added "not conventional" pages,
> let's say "OT".

Spam can be a problem, I agree.

> I'm not against wiki, I really love it if used by users really involved.
> But in my experience, in our lug, we had to remove a lot of "spammed" pages
> and to roll back other ones. And note that no one but subscribed people can
> work on our wiki.

Unfortunately, that's the only way to avoid spam, I think.

> If you believe in digikam (I'm quite sure kipi-plugins can't) has someone who
> can maintain that, go on. And if someone wants to add kipi & co. info as well,
> great. In such a case I hope someone can add (or link) that info into kipi site.
>
> I'd like only to say be careful...

Fair enough, I do understand your concerns.

Fabien suggested to use
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Digikam
at the moment.
This page is editable for me (I just corrected a typo ;-).
However, I did not see a way to add new pages.

Best, Arnd