[Digikam-devel] 0.9 release tarball ready

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Dec 18 10:19:41 GMT 2006

On Monday 18 December 2006 11:20, Fabien wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Wow, so many activity in a week-end, it's time for me to wake up :)
>
> Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > On Monday 18 December 2006 09:58, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> >>The tarballs are up and running on Sourceforge now.
> >>
> >>Gilles, would you agree if I make an intermediate release -RC1 of the
> >>documentation, at least for the plugins, which are quite advanced ?
> >
> > Why not. But witch advantage for end users ? This will not confuse users
> > to do it ?
>
> IMHO, it's ok. I find it less confusing to have a separate tarball for
> documentations than having 2 tarballs for digikam and digikamimageplugins
> :)

It separete because doc is huge and it a solution to not surchage the binary
package. Also dco can be release when you want outside binary release date.

> Anyway, you're faster than I thought with the final release. I made some
> tests this week-end to check everything and it looks perfect.
> But, I'm not sure about language packs.
>
> I tested french language and there are still some untranslated strings.
> I don't know about other languages...
> Are the KDE translators aware that the final version is nearly released ?

About French translations, there is no maintainer since a long time. If you is
interessed...

I refuse to do it. It a huge work to do. This is impossible to develop and
translate at the same time.