[Digikam-devel] 0.9.0-RC2 packages for testing

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Thu Dec 7 09:00:47 GMT 2006

Alle 07:28, giovedì 7 dicembre 2006, Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 19:51, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> > > Hi Marcel,
> > >
> > > Heh, I've build an deb pkg but did not have exiv2 0.12 installed.
> > > make and make install did not complain but no digikam and
No what is happening now is that configure warns that we can't
compile kipi-plugins without exiv2. User can go on but ther's nothing
to build.
> > > showfoto in /usr/bin/.
I don't know anything about digikam though.

> > > Would be nice to either get configure or make fail when
> > > not all prerequisites are available ;)
Yes I totally agree. I told Gilles I'd prefer to have AC_MSG_ERR
instead of AC_MSG_WARN for libexiv. IIRC no one went on this subject.
I believe we must do it now.

> > But please dont ask me about autoconf/automake, I have never learned this
> > stuff, and I won't learn it anymore (waiting for CMake).

CMake or not I believe we should continue maintain autotools.

Angelo
(who's starting believing he should think to submit digikam-devel@ a day)