[Digikam-devel] Viewing RAW Files

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Fri Sep 30 20:19:38 BST 2005

Am Freitag 30 September 2005 20:47 schrieb Nir Dremer:
> I'm using 0,8.0 beta2 and the feature i miss the post is the ability to
> view a RAW file (for me it's canon CRW format).
>
> Double clicking on crw file does not do anything.
>
> Any chance to add support for raw viewing?

You have to install UFRaw standalone rawfile converter and register it to crw
mimetype (konqi->RMB on crw-file->properties->edit icon). That way ufraw is
started when you click on crw thumbnail in album view.
If possible, I strongly recommend to use latest ufraw-0.6-CVS which is based
on dcraw 7.70 and supports bilinear filtering and AH-demosaicing filter. AHD
leeds to so much better raw converting that this is a must have for all
non-SIGMA DSLR users. Bilinear filtering is suggested for converting
high-ISO-shots to minimize noise.

HTH

  Thorsten