[Digikam-devel] rotate does not update thumbnail in albumview (for some pkg combinations)

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Tue Sep 27 22:00:08 BST 2005

Hi,

I've the problem that for some combinations of libkipi + kipi-plugins
and digikam the thumbnails are not updated in the albumview when I
rotate them (the image itself is always rotated).

My intention is to get digikam* in kubuntu breezy updated from
0.7.2 to 0.7.4 before freeze. (0.8-beta2 without docs is maybe
not the best idea just before the breezy freeze.)

See combinations below that show and do not show the problem.
Any hint what's going on here?

breezy 0.8 debs:
http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~ach/kubuntu/breezy/Pkgs.php
problematic 0.7.4 debs:
http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~ach/kubuntu/breezy-experimental/

'Okay': bug does not show up
'bug': thumbnails are not updated

okay: set of recently released tarballs

 digikam:
  *** 0.8+beta2-0ubuntu1 0
 digikamimageplugins:
  *** 0.8+beta2-0ubuntu1 0
 kipi-plugins:
  *** 0.1+beta2-21build2 0
 libkipi0:
  *** 0.1.2-1ubuntu1 0

okay: what is breezy/universe at the moment

 digikam:
  *** 0.7.2-4build3 0
 digikamimageplugins:
  *** 0.7.2-3build2 0
 kipi-plugins:
  *** 0.1+beta2-21build2 0
 libkipi0:
  *** 0.1.1-2build2 0

okay: upgrading only libkipi

 digikam:
  *** 0.7.2-4build3 0
 digikamimageplugins:
  *** 0.7.2-3build2 0
 kipi-plugins:
  *** 0.1+beta2-21build2 0
 libkipi0:
  *** 0.1.2-1ubuntu1 0

bug: upgrading kipi-plugins to rc1

 digikam:
  *** 0.7.2-4build3 0
 digikamimageplugins:
  *** 0.7.2-3build2 0
 kipi-plugins:
  *** 0.1+rc1-1ubuntu1 0
 libkipi0:
  *** 0.1.2-1ubuntu1 0

bug: using a kipi-plugins rc1 build against 'old' libkipi 0.1.1:
     and trying with 0.7.4 and 0.7.2 both fail to update thumbnail

 digikam:
  *** 0.7.4-5ubuntu1 0
 digikamimageplugins:
  *** 0.7.4-4ubuntu1 0