[Digikam-devel] 0.8 branch

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Thu Jun 23 20:47:06 BST 2005

Dnia czwartek 23 czerwiec 2005 18:54, Renchi Raju napisaƂ:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > I know you are officially not receiving bug reports for that branch
> > but first five items should be fixed even before merging with main
> > tree. The rest is just for company ;)
> >
> > 1. When started from Konsole all importing dialogs where hidden under
> > Konsole.
> >   Only Alt-Tab was revealing them.
>
> what windowmanager?

kwin

> > 3. Not properly detected encoding and subsequently broken non-ASCII
> > letters in comments.
>
> can you give details on this? where these comments already present in
> the old database or did you add them new? what is your locale?

Old database, pl_PL.

> > 5. Why did you restricted access to digikam KIO-slaves? That was one
> > of the greatest features of digiKam! Easy access to photo collection
> > from any KDE app.
>
> as i have said time and again, the reason why these kioslaves were
> accessible from other apps was a side-effect and not intentional.

And this is one of the greatest feature of digiKam and reason I started
to really use it and telling people about it. Closing possibility to
reach photos in easy way from ANY KDE app through FileChooser and
protocol is a big step back.

m.