[Digikam-devel] digikam 0.7.4 tarballs split

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Fri Jul 15 18:10:13 BST 2005

Le Vendredi 15 Juillet 2005 09:33, Tom Albers a écrit :
> Op donderdag 14 juli 2005 23:02, schreef Caulier Gilles:
> > Hum, no. The .po files are updated by scriptly. All  messages are
> > extracted from original index.docbook (in English)
>
> Ok, to be clear about this subject:
> Docbooks get converted to pot files, that serves as a template to be
> translated and will be committed as a po in the right language dir,
> whenever all the pots of an app are translated, you can create a new
> docbook. docbook->pot files = scripty
> keeping the pot files in sync with the translated po-files = scripty
> building the new docbook files from translated po-files = manually.

all right (:=)))

> > The translated index.docbook are generated manually by main translator
> > team coordinator just before the final release date of KDE.
>
> The dutch team and most other teams, do not do this for extragear
> applications, as everyone knows they are on another release schedule. I can
> not imagen the France people work differently, it would be plain stupid to
> do that.

Sure. extragear working in special mode. All others main parts from KDE
project use the rules that i have explained before. I digiKam is include in
the future in koffice (for example (:=))), we will driven by Koffice release
date. This point is contrainant, but it will be more seriously translated in
languages supported by KDE project. This point is important if you want
promote digiKam in others languages.

Sure talking about digiKam integration in koffice is out actually, but we
cannot ignore this possibility for the future. I think that digiKam cannot
stay an "extra gear" after 1.0...

> > This is done
> > _manually_ because there are always any problem to generate final docbook
> > files from .po files.
>
> Correct.
>
> > Generally docbook are badly translated and XML
> > synthax is broken by translators (translators aren't programmers).
>
> And kbabel is not always very clever.

Not tested since.... waouf over 1 year... sic (:=)))